After a hospital stay, not everyone has the ability or strength to return to everyday living. That’s why Edgerton Hospital designed our short-term rehab program (also known as swing bed) to help facilitate a smooth transition between acute care and returning home, or to other living arrangements.
If you need more time to recover after an illness, injury or surgery, Edgerton Hospital offers 24-hour skilled nursing care and daily physical, occupational, speech or cardiac rehabilitation—all in one location.
- Private patient rooms
- Windows that open
- Healing Garden for recovery
- Personalized meals from our executive chef
- Low nurse to patient ratio
This program generally qualifies for Medicare coverage under the following conditions:
- Your inpatient rehab care must be related to a three day (or more) qualifying stay in an acute care setting within the past 30 days.
- You must need skilled nursing or skilled rehabilitative services on a daily basis that are complex enough to need the supervision of professional or technical personnel.
Even if your surgery or hospital stay was at a different facility, you can transfer to Edgerton Hospital for short-term rehabilitation, close to home. To find out if short-term rehab/swing bed is right for you or your loved one, please contact Patient & Family Services at:
How to Make a Physician Referral
Contact Patient and Family Services:
Be sure to include the following information:
- Face sheet
- History and physical
- Therapy notes
- Current medication list