After a hospital stay, not everyone has the ability or strength to return to everyday living. That’s why Edgerton Hospital designed our short-term rehab program (also known as swing bed) to help facilitate a smooth transition between acute care and returning home, or to other living arrangements.
If you need more time to recover after an illness, injury or surgery, you can do so in a hospital setting with access to 24-hour skilled nursing care and daily physical, occupational, speech or cardiac rehabilitation—all in one location.
- Private patient rooms with geothermal heating & cooling
- Windows that open and offer beautiful views
- Made-to-order meals from a personal chef
- Visiting pets are welcome
This program generally qualifies for Medicare coverage under the following conditions:
- Your inpatient rehab care must be related to a three day (or more) qualifying stay in an acute care setting within the past 30 days.
- You must need skilled nursing or skilled rehabilitative services on a daily basis that are complex enough to need the supervision of professional or technical personnel.
Even if your surgery or hospital stay was at a different facility, you can transfer to Edgerton Hospital for short-term rehabilitation, close to home. To find out if short-term rehab/swing bed is right for you or your loved one, please contact Patient & Family Services at:
How to Make a Physician Referral
Contact Patient and Family Services:
Be sure to include the following information:
- Face sheet
- History and physical
- Therapy notes
- Current medication list