After a hospital stay, not everyone has the ability or strength to return to everyday living. That’s why Edgerton Hospital designed our short-term rehab program (also known as swing bed) to help facilitate a smooth transition between acute care and returning home, or to other living arrangements.
If you need more time to recover after an illness, injury or surgery, Edgerton Hospital offers 24-hour skilled nursing care and daily physical, occupational, speech therapy—all in one location.
- Private patient rooms
- Windows that open
- Healing Garden for recovery
- Personalized meals from our executive chef
- Low nurse to patient ratio
This program generally qualifies for Medicare coverage under the following conditions:
- Your inpatient rehab care must be related to a three day (or more) qualifying stay in an acute care setting within the past 30 days.
- You must need skilled nursing or skilled rehabilitative services on a daily basis that are complex enough to need the supervision of professional or technical personnel.
Even if your surgery or hospital stay was at a different facility, you can transfer to Edgerton Hospital for short-term rehabilitation, close to home.
Want more information? Please contact us at 608-561-6830
How to Make a Physician Referral
Be sure to include the following information:
- Face sheet/Demographics
- History & Physical
- Medication Administration Record
- Therapy notes
- Wound care
- Last 48 hours of notes
*Please include contact information and anticipated discharge date.