Your heart needs you, just like you need it. And our talented cardiac services team—led by cardiologists Dr. Raaid Museitif and Dr. Michael Kreager —is here to ensure your heart is healthy now and in the future.
Our cardiac services include:
- Stress echocardiograms
- Stress testing
- Holter and event monitor testing
- Wide range of diagnostic vascular ultrasounds
An extremely effective, yet simple prescription to treat heart disease is exercise. Our cardiac rehabilitation program is managed by Dr. Museitif and Dr. Kreager along with specially trained registered nurses who provide individualized consultations and medically supervised workouts to start you on a path to improved health.
Cardiac rehab at Edgerton:
- It works. According to a study by Mayo Clinic, cardiac rehab raises your likelihood of surviving at least three years after a heart attack by more than 50 percent.
- It motivates. Our staff will help you set ambitious, yet achievable goals. They’ll monitor your progress in one-on-one meetings and continue to adapt the program to meet your changing needs. You can exercise on your own or in a group setting for added motivation.
- It’s comprehensive. In addition to exercise, our cardiac rehab program offers education on heart disease prevention and healthy lifestyle changes, with access to a support network of peers and medical professionals.
- It pays off. A commitment of three to four hours each week will result in reduced symptoms, improved stamina, an enhanced quality of life and the ability to return to work and leisure activities.
Many health insurance plans and Medicare will cover cardiac rehab for people with these conditions or following these procedures:
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Stable angina
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty
- Coronary stent placement
- Valve surgery
- Chronic stable heart failure
- Ventricular assist device implantation
- Cardiac transplant
- Peripheral arterial disease
- High risk for coronary artery disease
For more information on our cardiac services, please call 608-561-6614.
Click here to download a brochure.