Edgerton Hospital is Prepared for COVID-19
Edgerton Hospital has been taking action to ensure the safety of patients, staff and the public. All efforts are being made to keep our patients, employees, and the community as healthy as possible at this time.
October 12, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution regarding COVID-19, and for the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community, the following visitor guidelines are in place:
- Edgerton Hospital and the Milton Clinic will no longer accept routine visitors, with the following exceptions:
- Care planning or discharge planning – 1 visitor
- Cognitively disabled or physically impaired patients needing assistance (as an inpatient or for outpatient appointments) – 1 visitor
- Patients who may be at the end of their life - visitors on a case-by-case basis
- Surgical patients – 1 visitor
- Pediatric patients – 1 visitor
- COVID-19 rule out or COVID-19 confirmed patients – no visitors
- Emergency Department patients – Adult patients, no visitors/Pediatric patients, 1 visitor
- Visitors must be screened for symptoms at the main entrance
- No visitors are allowed who have had a diagnosis of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- All visitors must wear a facial covering that extends over their nose and mouth
- No visitors under the age of 16
- Please note that the Emergency Department entrance is to be used solely for ER/Urgent Care patients
- Dining in the Café will be temporarily suspended
- All community education classes will be held virtually
Edgerton Hospital is working with public health, healthcare systems and agency partners to monitor, plan and respond as needed to COVID-19. Our priority is to keep our community safe and healthy.
Please check our website for updates, and more detailed information is available on the COVID-19 website.