Join Edgerton Hospital for a blood drive on Thursday, August 5th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. First time donors are asked to bring a photo ID. Rock River Valley Blood Center is Edgerton Hospital’s sole provider for blood and blood products. To make an appointment, call 608-884-1370. Walk-ins are accepted!
What to know before you donate:
- Blood donations save and enhance lives. Each donation can help up to three people.
- When you donate blood, you’re selflessly ensuring a better life for strangers in need in your own community - or even across the country.
- If a loved one needed blood, you’d want it to be ready to go at that moment. Giving blood regularly helps ensure a safe and ready supply at all times.
- Who can donate? Anyone at least 17 years old who weighs at least 110 pounds and is feeling well. And, it has been at least 8 weeks since your last whole blood donation.
- The actual donation generally takes 5 to 15 minutes. Also allow time for the pre-donation medical history, blood pressure and hemoglobin check, and post donation snacks. (total time one hour or less)
- Someone needs blood every two seconds. 40,000 pints are used each day in the United States.