Notice of Privacy Practice
This Notice outlines your rights to the access and release of medical
information regarding your care and treatment at Edgerton Hospital and
Health Services, Inc. (EHHS ). This information is provided in accordance
with Federal regulations described in R.S. 40:1299.96, 45 CFR 164.524 and
45 CFR 164.528.
Understanding Your Health Records and Information:A record of your visit is created each time you visit a hospital, physician or other health care provider. Typically, these records contain essential information regarding your care and treatment, and describe the reasons for your visit, examination and test results, your medical history, diagnoses, treatments, your plan of care, and the ultimate disposition of your case. All of this information is usually referred to as your "Medical Records" or “Health Information." Your Medical Records essentially serve as a:
- Basis for planning your care and treatment
- Means of communication between the many health care professionals involved in your care and treatment
- Legal document describing the care provided and follow-up care needed in the future
- Source of information required for use by public health officials to assess the effectiveness of providers and health care programs in the State
- Source of data for internal use and planning for the hospital to assess its performance and planning for future services needs
- Source of data and statistics for use in medical research.
Ownership of Medical Records:By law, hospitals, physicians and health care providers own the medical records they create and are held responsible for their storage and safekeeping in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws. While you have specific rights to the access and release of information concerning your personal medical records, you do not own them.
If you have any questions regarding health information policies and practices,
or you would like to report a problem, you may contact our Health Information
Office at 608 884-1625. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated,
you may file a written complaint with the Health Information Office at
EHHS or directly with the Secretary of Health and Human Services. There
are no reprisals or retaliation for filing a complaint.
Requests for Information and Problem Reporting:
Please review the following document:
Notice of Privacy Practice (PDF file)
Contact Office:Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, Medical Record Department
11101 N. Sherman Road
Edgerton, WI 53534
Telephone: 608 884-3441
Fax: 608 884-1626