Cardiac Services — Healing the Heart and Much More!
Your heart needs you, like you need it! And, no one knows this better than our cardiac services team; cardiologist, Dr. John Moses, manager of cardiac services, Susan Kindschi, RN, BA and their staff.. This talented team is here to ensure that your heart is healthy and remains healthy, after all, you can’t live without it! We offer:
- Stress echocardiograms
- Stress testing
- Holter and event monitor testing
- Wide range of diagnostic vascular ultrasounds
Cardiac RehabilitationWith all the emphasis on new medications to treat heart disease, an old standby - and extremely effective prescription - is regular exercise. Our cardiac rehabilitation program is lead by Dr. John Moses and managed by specially trained registered nurses who provide individualized consultations and medically supervised workouts to start you on a path to improved health.
What you need to know about Cardiac Rehab:
- It works. According to a study by Mayo Clinic, cardiac rehab raises your likelihood of surviving at least three years after a heart attack by more than 50 percent.
- It motivates. Our staff will help you set ambitious, but achievable goals, monitor your progress in one-on-one meetings, and continue to adapt the program to meet your changing needs. You can exercise on your own or with a group of peers for added motivation.
- It’s comprehensive. In addition to exercise, our cardiac services program offers education on heart disease processes, prevention, and healthy lifestyle changes, with access to a support network of peers and medical professionals.
- It pays off. A commitment of three to four hours each week will result in reduced symptoms, improved stamina, an enhanced quality of life, and the ability to return to work or leisure activities.
Is cardiac rehab for you?Many health insurance plans and Medicare will fund cardiac rehab for people with these conditions and/or following these procedures:
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Stable angina
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty
- Coronary stent placement
- Valve surgery
- Chronic stable heart failure
- Ventricular assist devices
- Cardiac transplant
- Peripheral arterial disease
- High risk for coronary artery disease
For more information on our cardiac services,
call Susan Kindschi at 608-884-1396.